The order of end-time events, including relevant Scripture references:
1. Signs of the End Times:
– Wars, conflicts, famines, earthquakes, persecution, false prophets, and increased wickedness occur (Matthew 24:6-8).
2. The Seven Seals (Revelation 6-8:1):
– The First Seal: The rise of a false messiah or the Antichrist (Revelation 6:1-2).
– The Second Seal: Outbreaks of warfare and conflict (Revelation 6:3-4).
– The Third Seal: Famine and economic hardship (Revelation 6:5-6).
– The Fourth Seal: Death and destruction (Revelation 6:7-8).
– The Fifth Seal: Martyrs crying out for justice (Revelation 6:9-11).
– The Sixth Seal: Cosmic disturbances and signs in the heavens (Revelation 6:12-14).
– The Seventh Seal: Introduction to the seven trumpets (Revelation 8:1).
3. The Seven Trumpets (Revelation 8-9):
– The First Trumpet: Hail and fire mixed with blood rain upon the earth (Revelation 8:7).
– The Second Trumpet: A burning mountain is cast into the sea (Revelation 8:8-9).
– The Third Trumpet: A great star falls from the sky and contaminates a third of the rivers and springs (Revelation 8:10-11).
– The Fourth Trumpet: A third of the sun, moon, and stars are darkened (Revelation 8:12).
– The Fifth Trumpet: Tormenting locusts with the power to harm people (Revelation 9:1-11).
– The Sixth Trumpet: Release of destructive forces (Revelation 9:13-21).
– The Seventh Trumpet: Second Coming of Christ, resurrection, and judgment (Revelation 11:15-18).
4. The Antichrist and Tribulation Period:
– The rise of the Antichrist, persecution, and the Tribulation period (Daniel 7:23-25, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4).
5. The Great Tribulation:
– Intensified persecution and suffering for believers (Matthew 24:21).
6. The Second Coming of Christ:
– Jesus returns in power and glory to establish His kingdom on Earth (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:11-16).
– Defeat of the Antichrist and his armies in the battle of Armageddon (Revelation 19:19-21).
7. The Millennium (Revelation 20:1-6):
– The beginning of a period of 1000 years characterized by peace, righteousness, and the reign of Christ on Earth.
– Satan is bound and unable to deceive the nations (Revelation 20:2-3).
– The resurrection of the righteous occurs, and they reign with Christ (Revelation 20:4-6).
8. Final Rebellion, Judgment, and New Heaven and New Earth:
– At the end of the millennium, Satan is released and gathers people for a final rebellion against God (Revelation 20:7-10).
– The rebellion is swiftly defeated, and Satan is thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:9-10).
– The final judgment takes place, with
the wicked and death being cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15).
– The present heavens and earth pass away, and a new heaven and new earth are created (Revelation 21:1).
– God dwells with His people in eternal joy and communion (Revelation 21-22).
Please note that the explanations provided above are based on common understandings and interpretations of the biblical texts associated with each event. There may be different interpretations and debates regarding the specific details and timing of these events among scholars and religious traditions.